It's going to be so much fun watching Myles as he grows and develops from this little (big) baby into a toddler. Right now he's enjoying things like playing with his feet and putting all his toys in his mouth. He also seems to take pleasure in confusing me by sleeping 6 or 8 hours at a time for a night or two, and then going back to waking up every 3 hours.
I have some goals I'm really looking forward to.
- Physical fitness
- Run a half marathon
- Go for a walk/run 3-4 days a week. On rainy days, a yoga or pilates video is an acceptable substitute.
- Spiritual
- Study and follow along with the Gospel Doctrine lessons. (It occurred to me that I don't usually try to pay attention and get a lot out of Sunday School. It's always been my least favorite hour of church. But I bet this will make a huge difference in how I perceive it!)
- Do the basics! Morning and evening prayers, scripture study, Family Home Evening. Why are the basics always the hardest?
- Other
- Learn to bake bread. Grandma Briscoe's recipe, to be precise. And hopefully foccacia bread.
- Make and stick to a monthly budget, especially in groceries and extra spending (clothes, stuff for the home, etc). This is a big one for me. Maybe THE goal of the year.
And now, a cute picture of my little boy. Because I can't publish a blog post without putting one in. Just can't.
P.S. I'm sharing these goals with whoever reads this blog as a form of accountability. If other people know what my goals are, I'm more likely to follow through with them. So feel free to ask me how I'm doing on any of them, at any point this year!

No comments:
Post a Comment